2023 Beiersdorf-NAACP Scholarship Application
Beiersdorf Inc, working collaboratively with the Stamford Branch of the NAACP, is again looking forward to providing financial assistance to local high school graduating seniors and college students currently enrolled, or soon to be enrolled, as full-time students in a two or four-year college, university or an accredited trade or technical school.
Both Beiersdorf Inc and the NAACP are aware of the need to support community activities with a special focus on education.
The Beiersdorf Inc scholarships totaling $10,000 will provide four scholarships for $2,500 each.
Scholarship information will be posted on the NAACP website, included in newspaper articles and all correspondence related to the scholarship project.
If you have been a recipient of the scholarship previously, you must include current interests and achievements to be re-considered.
Application Deadline with all required paperwork is June 30, 2023
Requirements for Consideration for Scholarship
- Stamford area Resident for a minimum of three (3) years
- A GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Will be attending a 2- or 4-year college/university or an accredited trade/technical school
- A letter of acceptance from college or university
- Current year college or high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from teacher/professor
- A letter of recommendation from a community leader
- A current clear and un-pixelated photograph
- A cover letter – maximum 250 words
- A 500-word essay on: What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of AI?
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you and how does it influence your future ambitions?
- See essay criteria on page 4
- Must participate in roundtable or Zoom interview process.
- Must present a bio and a clear and un-pixelated picture to interviewing committee.
Eligible scholarship recipient(s)
The following person(s) can apply for the scholarships.
- A senior high school student who will be attending a 2-or 4-year college program (supported documentation required)
- A student who will be attending an accredited trade/technical school program (supported documentation required)
The following person(s) do not qualify for the scholarships.
- Executive Board members of the Stamford NAACP
- Adult members of the Stamford NAACP
- Graduates seeking a Masters or Doctoral degree
|BEIERSDORF INC-STAMFORD NAACP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2023|
|Date of Birth:||SSN:|
|PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING|
|GPA (Transcript)||High School:||Undergrad:|
|Anticipated Date of Graduation||High School:||Undergrad:|
|School Attending||High School:||Undergrad:|
|Planned Field of Study If Known:|
|LIST SCHOOL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS:|
|LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION|
|Current Teacher/Professor/Community Leader|
|LIST COMMUNITY SERVICES
(Total hours in a year)
|Signature of Applicant Date:|
Please re-read Requirements for Consideration to make sure all requested documents are included with this submission Please mail to Stamford NAACP, P.O. Box 885, Stamford, CT 06904, or Email to: email@example.com
- The essay must answer the question asked.
- Has an introduction that clearly explains the problem or issue.
- Has a conclusion that summarizes the topic.
- Essays that do not follow instructions will have points deducted.