STAMFORD NAACP EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Stamford Branch of the NAACP is happy to announce that Beiersdorf has joined the NAACP in its efforts to provide financial assistance to local high school graduating seniors and college students currently enrolled, or soon to be enrolled, as full-time students in a two or four-year college, university or accredited trade or technical school.
Both Beiersdorf and the NAACP are aware of the need to support community activities with a special focus on education.
Beiersdorf scholarship grant, totaling $5,000, will be used to provide two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each.
The Beiersdorf sponsorship and scholarship will be recognized on the NAACP website, newspaper articles and all correspondence related to the scholarship project.
The Stamford Branch of the NAACP will also be offering five scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to local high school graduating seniors and college students currently enrolled or soon to be enrolled in a four-year college or university.
Requirements for Consideration for Scholarship
- Stamford area Resident
- A GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Will be attending a 2 or 4 year college/university or an accredited trade/technical school
- A letter of acceptance from college or university
- A letter of recommendation from teacher/professor
- A letter of recommendation from a community leader
- A 500 word essay on: “Discuss an accomplishment, aspiration, or realization that stemmed from the pandemic/COVID-19, that sparked personal growth and/or a new understanding of yourself or others”
- “Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?”
Must participate in round-table or Zoom interview process
- Must present a bio and picture to interviewing committee
Who cannot apply?
The following person(s) do not qualify for the scholarships.
- Executive Board members of the Stamford NAACP
- Adult members of the Stamford NAACP
- Graduates seeking a Masters or Doctoral degree
The application Deadline with all required paperwork is: May 31, 2022